1. Check the main power switch on the backside of the SMART Printer (Press the switch " | ")
2. Check the connected state of the power cable on the backside of the SMART Printer.
3. Check the connected state of the power code, adapter and the electric outlet.
4. Check the adapter connected to the SMART Printer. We recommend you to use our certificated
adapter. If you use an uncertificated adapter, the printing or the encoding functions may have some troubles.
1. Check the installed state of ribbon into the ribbon cartridge. Please refer to "SMART Printer User Manual,
Ribbon Box and Quick Guide" in the SMART Printer Box for the procedure of ribbon installation.
2. After you install a new ribbon, if the SMART Printer recognizes the new ribbon, the RF Tag on the used
ribbon may be broken. In this case, please contact with the local supplier that you bought our products
※ You must use the certificated ribbon because the SMART Printer can recognize the certificated ribbon using
our Ribbon Tag. If you use another brand ribbon in the SMART Printer, the SMART don't work and it may be
the reason of faults.
1. Please open the Input Hopper Cover and load a card or cards on the Input Hopper as the following
pictures shown. When you load a card on the Input Hopper, You must not push the card into the
SMART Printer inside because it may be the reason of faults.
※ Please refer to "SMART Printer User Manual".
Correctly Loaded Card Incorrectly Loaded Card
1. Check the connected state of the USB cable to the USB port on the backside of the SMART Printer.
2. Check the connected state of the USB cable to the USB port of your PC.
3. Check the operating state of the SMART Printer driver in the Devices and
Printers of the Control Panel. The operating state must be on-line or ready
(The icon of the SMART Printer driver must be invoked).
4. Please connect to another USB port in your PC.
5. If this fault continues, please reinstall the SMART Printer driver.
※ If you want to use an external USB HUB for the SMART Printer, you must use an external
USB HUB which has a power supplier.
1. Check the card thickness control lever and adjust it to the current card's thickness.
2. Check the contaminated state of the Hopper Roller and clean it. When the Hopper Roller is contaminated,
the SMART Printer may be unable to move a card into the printer.
※ We recommend to clean the SMART Printer inside and rollers as below. Please refer to the
SMART Printer User Manual.
- After the SMART Printer prints 1,000 cards using the YMCKO ribbon.
- After the SMART Printer prints 2,500 cards using the KO ribbon.
- After the SMART Printer prints 5,000 cards using the MONO ribbon.
- After the SMART Printer prints 800 cards using the YMCKOK ribbon.
3. Check the contaminated and installed state of the Cleaning Roller, and fix and clean it.
- When you clean the Cleaning Roller, you hold the Cleaning Roller and widen the bracket of the
Cleaning Roller and take out the contaminated Cleaning Roller from the SMART Printer.
You must wash the contaminated Cleaning Roller with running water and dry it and reinstall into the printer.
Contaminated Cleaning Roller Normal Cleaning Roller
1. Check the ribbon balance using the left LED button on the front panel of the SMART Printer.
※ We supply extra panels on our ribbon to prepare for snapping or skipping. Even if unused panels remain
on the ribbon core, when the ribbon balance which is shown by the SMART Printer is '0', you must replace
the used ribbon with the new ribbon.
2. Check the installed state of ribbon into the ribbon cartridge. Please refer to SMART Printer User Manual,
the Ribbon Box and the Quick Guide in the SMART Printer Box for the procedure of ribbon installation.
3. If the ribbon is snapped, you can connect snapped ribbons together using a stick tape and use the connected
4. Check the contaminated condition of the Color In / Out Sensor because the reason of 'Ribbon Search Error'
may be the contamination of the Color In / Out Sensor. If the Color In / Out Sensors are contaminated,
you must clean it using soft cloth or an alcoholic cotton swab as the following pictures shown.
Color In / Out Sensor
1. You can connect snapped ribbons together using a sticky tape and use the connected ribbon again.
2. The reasons of the snapped ribbon are as below.
- Check the size the surface condition of cards. If you use a defective card, the ribbon may be cut.
- Check the printing density (Total YMC, Black and Overlay). If the printing density is set very highly,
the high heat is applied to the ribbon and it may cut the ribbon. In this case, you must adjust the
printing density using the CardPrinterSetup (refer to SMART Printer User Manual).
- Check the printing position. If the printing position setting has some problems
(the printing start or end position is not correct), it may be the reason of this fault.
You must adjust the printing position using the CardPrintingSetup (refer to SMART Printing User Manual).
1. If you use an uncertificated adapter, the SMART Printer move a card correctly but the printing or
the encoding functions may have some problems. You must use our certificated adapter.
1. SMART-51D, 50D & 30D are made by attaching a flipper in SMART Printer, so you have to keep the
flipper horizontal with the printer. When error is occurred during a card moved to or from a flipper,
you can adjust the flipper position automatically using "Auto Rotator Set" in CardPrinterSetup program
(refer to the SMART Printer User Manual).
본 웹사이트에 게시된 이메일 주소가 전자우편 수집 프로그램이나 그 밖의 기술적 장치를 이용하여 무단으로 수집되는 것을 거부하며, 이를 위반시 정보통신망법에 의해 형사 처벌됨을 유념하시기 바랍니다.